We believe your story matters.
We believe in taking the fight to insurance bullies.
We believe there is a better way to get help after a serious injury.

Do I Need a Personal Injury Law Firm?

If you have been injured by someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing, our Casper, Wyoming, personal injury law firm can investigate and represent your claim. Though the law allows you to pursue compensation yourself, having a personal injury law firm behind you helps to ensure your claim is successful. A knowledgeable personal injury attorney can guide you through the complex legal process and represent you at every stage, leaving you free to concentrate on what’s important: recovery.

Call Platte River Injury Law in Casper today at 307-215-9724 for a free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers.

What are My Rights?

As a Wyoming citizen, it is your right to have a personal injury attorney represent you in a court of law. You also have the right to be fairly compensated for injuries sustained as a result of someone else’s negligence.

What is Negligence?

For the most part, negligence is when someone fails to use reasonable care. When a person’s negligence results in someone else’s injury, the victim often has the right to recover monetary damages.

What Compensation is Available?

Compensation in a personal injury claim is broken into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages are damages that have a compensable cost associated with them. Examples of this include medical bills, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs. Non-economic damages are left to the discretion of the plaintiff. These damages can include pain and suffering, emotional turmoil, and loss of enjoyment of life.

How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?

The length of time you have in which to file a claim is called the statute of limitations. In Wyoming, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is four years. That means you have four years to file your claim from the date of your accident or incident. Remember, the case doesn’t have to be settled in four years, but the initial claim must be made within that time.

How Long Will It Take To Settle My Claim?

This all depends on the level of complexity of your case, whether the other party is negotiating in good faith, and if you need to go to trial to resolve matters. Settlements can be reached in a matter of months, or they can take well over a year to resolve. Victims often see faster or better results, however, if they hire an experienced personal injury law firm.

How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Law Office?

At Platte River Injury Law, our attorneys work on a contingency basis, which means you don’t owe us anything until your case reaches a successful resolution. This is a great business model as you don’t have to worry about paying anything out of pocket, and our lawyers are incentivized to obtain the maximum settlement possible.

Is a Civil Lawsuit Different From a Criminal Lawsuit?

In a criminal case, defendants are accused of violating a criminal law and are brought to trial by the government in order to determine their guilt or innocence in that crime. A criminal case, in seeking to determine responsibility for a crime, is also concerned with deciding upon the appropriate punishment to be handed down to the individual, be it jail time, restitution, or other options. Like a criminal case, a civil lawsuit is focused on establishing liability for an alleged offense. However, unlike a criminal case, the purpose of a civil trial is to determine whether the victim is entitled to compensation and, if so, how much.

What Types of Personal Injury Cases Do You Handle?

Platte River Injury Law handles many different types of serious personal injury and wrongful death cases, including but not limited to car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, product liability cases, and motorcycle accidents. If you’ve been injured in an accident that could have been prevented, call Platte River Injury Law today at 307-215-9724 for a free consultation.