Car Accident Personal Injury Settlements in Wyoming
Car accidents leave our clients with huge medical expenses and often no way of paying for them.
Many injured victims also cannot work, and without income coming in they worry whether they can pay their rent, mortgage, or other bills.
At Platte River Injury Law, we devote a large amount of our practice to obtaining car accident personal injury settlements that are very favorable for our client.
Car accident personal injury settlements should cover all of our client’s economic losses and provide ample compensation for the pain and emotional suffering that they have endured. Contact us today to discuss your case.
Car Insurance and Personal Injury Lawsuit Settlements
Different insurance policies come into play when trying to reach a settlement for injuries:
- Bodily injury liability insurance. This insurance will pay out compensation for medical bills and lost income. Car accident victims will submit claims to the insurance company for the driver who is at fault for the accident.
- Property liability insurance. You can receive compensation for damage to your car and other property. Make a claim with the insurance company of the at-fault driver.
- Uninsured motorist insurance. If the at-fault driver has no insurance, then victims can make a claim on their own uninsured motorist insurance (if they have it). You are not required to buy this insurance, so many victims don’t have it.
- Underinsured motorist insurance. The at-fault driver might have insurance but not enough to cover your full losses. If you have underinsured motorist coverage (which is optional), you can make a claim.
Personal Injury Claims Settlements and Fault
Wyoming is a “fault” state when it comes to insurance. This means that the driver who is responsible for the accident must pay compensation to those injured. Another word for fault is negligence, which means the failure to exercise ordinary care.
It isn’t always clear who is at fault for a collision, so insurance adjusters often need to investigate the accident. They can hire investigators to visit the scene and talk to all parties involved in the crash. They also might look at the police report and medical records.
It is possible for more than one person to be at fault. Under Wyoming law, so long as you are less at fault than other parties, you can receive compensation. Put differently, you can be up to 49% responsible for the accident but not 50% or more.
Factors that Affect Personal Injury Claims Settlements
The amount of compensation usually depends on several factors, such as:
- How much money you spent on medical care to treat your injuries
- The amount of income you lost because you could not work after the accident
- The cost of repairing or replacing damaged property
- How much your injuries have reduced your quality of life
- The comparative fault of all parties
Every case turns on its own facts, so you should consult with a Casper car accident lawyer to discuss your case.
Maximize Your Auto Accident Personal Injury Settlement
Platte River Injury Law is a leader in car accidents in Casper and around Wyoming. We credit our knowledge of the law and our ability to drive a hard bargain for our clients.
For help with your car accident settlement, please contact us today. You can call 307-215-9724 to schedule a free initial consultation.