Should I Hire an Oil Field Injury Lawyer?
A serious injury at work can change your life.
We understand how overwhelmed you feel, and we want to help.
Today’s article will cover whether or not you should bring on an oil field injury lawyer to help with your case.
An Experienced Oil Field Injury Lawyer Can Help With Your Case
Wyoming once claimed some of the most productive oil fields in the nation.
Even today, much of the Wyoming economy is still dominated by the extraction of oil and gas.
In fact, Wyoming ranks eighth nationally in terms of crude oil production, and sixth in natural gas production.
Oil production is important to the American way of life, but working in an oilfield can be dangerous.
If you’re facing an injury after an oilfield accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Consider the following about oilfield injuries and how an experienced attorney can help–
Recent Personal Injury Topics-
- What Is the Average Settlement Amount for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Wyoming?
- Is Break Checking Illegal in Wyoming?
- Questions to Ask Your Wyoming Personal Injury Attorney
- Wyoming Motorcycle Laws
- Failure to Yield Right of Way Accidents in Wyoming
Oilfield Injuries May Be Serious
Injuries that occur in the oilfield can be extremely serious, even causing long-term injuries or death. Some common oilfield injury types include:
- Electrocution injuries;
- Fall injuries, including bone fractures, head injuries, and spine injuries;
- Equipment injuries, including limb amputation and crush injuries;
- Explosions; and
These injuries can be painful. They are expensive to treat. They may render an affected worker unable to return to work and earn an income, perhaps for the remainder of their life. When this occurs, the injured worker deserves compensation – an attorney can help.
Why You Need an Oilfield Injury Lawyer
Oilfield injury cases are often complicated. They are best navigated with the counsel of an experienced oil field injury attorney. Your attorney can assist you by:
- Determining whether you have a workers’ compensation claim, third-party liability claim, or both;
- Calculating the extent of your damages;
- Determining the cause of your accident and proving negligence;
- Investigating any OSHA or other health and safety violations;
- Pursuing compensation beyond what may be available through workers’ compensation benefits;
- Negotiating your settlement; and
- Litigating your case in court if necessary.
Don’t stop at getting you compensation for your medical bills and a portion of your lost wages. Your attorney will explore all potentially liable parties and sources of compensation. They will fight for your right to recoup damages for your loss of earnings and earning capacity, disability or disfigurement, pain and suffering, and all other damages.
How Does an Oilfield Injury Lawyer Charge?
The more serious your injuries, the greater your need for an oilfield injury lawyer.
However, even if you are seriously harmed, you may be hesitant to hire an attorney due to concerns about costs or expenses. You should know that an oilfield injury lawyer will charge you based on a contingency fee. This means that if you don’t get paid, neither does the attorney. If your case is successful, you pay the attorney a percentage of your winnings. This means you never have to pay out-of-pocket for the legal representation you deserve.
Call Platte River Injury Law Today
If you sustain an injury while working in the oilfields, you need legal representation and fast.
Contact our Wyoming oilfield injury lawyers at the office of Platte River Injury Law to schedule your free consultation today.