How to Get Your Gillette Police Department Accident Report

Gillette Accident Report

Car accidents cause many injuries and deaths in Wyoming.

In fact, accidents are the fourth leading cause of death in the state.

Driver negligence and dangerous conditions contribute to tragic accidents.

From two decades of crash data, researchers found these common factors in Gillette fatal accidents:

  • About half of all accidents occurred in the dark;
  • 37% of accidents occurred on roadways that were not lighted;
  • 92% of accidents occurred in clear weather;
  • More accidents occurred in summer months; and
  • More accidents occurred on Sundays.

If you were involved in a Gillette accident or lost your loved one in a fatal crash, there are things you must do to receive insurance compensation.

An important first step toward compensation is filing a police report at the scene of the accident and requesting a copy for your insurance claim. 

Here, we describe how to get your Gillette, WY, Police Department accident report.

Pick Up Your Accident Report from the Gillette Police Department

Pick up your accident report at the law enforcement agency that responded to your wreck.

If you crashed on a Wyoming highway, the Wyoming Highway Patrol investigates the accident.

You can find information on how to obtain those accident reports here

If your wreck occurred on a local street, then the Gillette, WY, Police Department writes the report.

You can pick up your accident report at the Gillette Police Department Records Division.

Find the Records Division on the first floor of City Hall: 

201 E 5th ST.

PO Box 518

Gillette, WY 82716.

You can reach the Records Division at 307-682-5155. Bring a form of valid identification when you request your accident report in person.

Print Your Accident Report from the Gillette Police Department

If you prefer a more convenient way to obtain records, you can print your accident report from home. Visit the Gillette Police Department site for public record access.

There, you will enter your accident report number or search for the accident by name, date, and location.

Get Help with Your Accident Report 

If you need help locating your accident report or negotiating with the insurance company for fair compensation, contact Platte River Injury Law.

Attorney Jeremy Hugus, a Wyoming native, helps accident victims get the compensation they deserve.

Jeremy can obtain your accident report from the Gillette Police Department and advise you on strategies to pursue fair insurance compensation.

Jeremy has won several professional awards for his advocacy, but his greatest satisfaction comes from helping clients attain a better life by using the legal system in a positive way.

He prioritizes providing each client with personalized, first-class service and enjoys volunteering in the community through Equal Justice Wyoming and local non-profits.

Jeremy offers a free consultation where you can ask any questions and get his legal opinion on your claim.

To speak with Jeremy, contact him at 307-215-9724 or use Platte River Injury Law’s online form.


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
(No Ratings Yet)